Sunday 3 April 2011

Who's Your Boss? and Other Questions

Working with children is never boring.  There are so many memorable moments and many funny moments too.  Here are two conversations that I have had with the children this week.


Who's Your Boss?

J. (age 5):     Do you have a boss?

Mrs. P.:        Well, this is my school, so no, I don't really have a boss.

J. :                 Of course you do.  It's your mom because my mom is the boss of me.

Mrs. P.:          Well yes, I suppose you're right.  My mom is the boss of me.



How Old Are You?

While waiting to wash our hands before lunch, 4 1/2 year old R. and I had this conversation.


R. (age 4 1/2):     My brother is nine years old.  How old are you?

Mrs. P.:               I am twelve.

R. :                      Are you really twelve?

Mrs. P.:               Well, really I am ______ (insert age here).

R.:                       *gasp*  What?  Really?

Mrs. P.:                Why, how old do I look?

R.:                         You look twelve.

Mrs. P.:                 Well then, I must be twelve.

R. is relieved and smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment