Monday 8 October 2018

Happy Thanksgiving 2018

In our little corner of the world, it is the Thanksgiving weekend.  It is a time to celebrate the blessings in our lives.


   

In the days leading up to Thanksgiving we read books and spoke to the children about what it means to be thankful.  At our little yellow school, we are continually thankful for the support of so many wonderful families - past and present- and the delightful days spent with our lovely students.  We asked the children what they are thankful for.  Here are some of their responses.


Three year old G. told us "I am thankful I have a big bed now!"

Three Year Old G.

Three year old E. is thankful for her new friend S.


E. (on the right) with her friend S.

Four and a half year old A. said "I am thankful for art.  I make art.  It makes me happy."

Four and a half year old A.

Four year old A. told us "I am thankful for my school because I love it!"

Four year old A.

Five and a half year old J. said " I am thankful for my mom and dad."

Five and a half year old J.

Four year old M. said "I am thankful that I have toys and things to share with my friends." 

Four year old M. holding books he brought to share with his classmates.

Here is a song we sing at school.


I Am Thankful

I am thankful for the trees.
I am thankful for the grass.
I am thankful for my hands,
my eyes, my ears, my knees.
I am thankful for the sun and the rain too,
but today I want to say that
I am thankful for you!



Our Pine Cone Turkeys

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment