Wednesday 18 December 2013

If I had a shiny, red nose like Rudolph, I would... ~ Stories by the Children


The children who are using the Printed (Story) Alphabet were invited to write an ending to a Christmas story.


Story Starter ~ If I had a shiny, red nose like Rudolph, I would...

The children were excited to do this work as they have never done anything like this before.  There was much discussion as they each contemplated how their stories would take shape.

Once a child had decided upon an idea, they worked with the Printed (Story) Alphabet.  Here is one story ending in progress.  (You can click on any of the images to make them larger.)






They then wrote their ending on the story starter paper and decorated it.  Here are some of the stories they wrote. 

If I had a shiny, red nose like Rudolph, I would...


...help Santa just like an elf.  I could help Santa drive the sleigh.


...visit Santa to show him my nose.  He will say it is lovely!



...ask Santa why Rudolph has a shiny nose.  It is not like the other reindeer.


...be Rudolph the Reindeer.  I wish a lot of reindeer would come to my house.

...go visit Santa.  He would say I like your shiny nose.  I would say let's go to the park.


The children shared their stories with their classmates.  We all enjoyed listening to them.  The stories are wonderful!